Monday, June 25, 2007

More learning for me

Today, I attended an advanced course in feng shui. I am away from my shop and sales for a whole week. In this first-of-its-kind-in-the-world class, I met many many feng shui consultants from all over the world, some with much more experience than I have. There were participants from Sri Lanka, India, Canada, United Kingdom, Spain, Russia, Belgium, The Netherlands, The Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, China, Japan, USA and of course, Malaysia. I thought I knew a lot about feng shui , but am humbled by the
fact that there is much more to learn. This goes to prove that no matter how much you know, there is always more to learn from.

I was invited to lunch with my most honourable teacher and 3 other consultants, 2 of whom, are as famed as my teacher is, in their respective home countries. What marvelled me was the fact that they were all unassuming and humble. I have often wondered how these world-renown masters would be like, and I found out today that they too, were ordinary human beings like you and me. We talked about clothes, cars,
fashion, work, family, customers, clients and religion.

Lunch was just like any other when a group of girlfriends get together - yak
yak yak yak. There were times when we all spoke at the same time, there were naughty jokes and exchange of news about family, comparison of job-related problems and
achievement of goals. All the gabbing about fashion and shopping must have seemed like a gathering of hens, much to the dismay of the one and only guy with us! The poor thorn amongst the roses!

In class, there was such a huge amount of comradeship as everyone knew that was being taught, with no stupid questions and nary a detailed repeat of anything petty. There was lots of laughing, joking and humourous experiences and incidents were narrated.

In just one day, I expanded what feng shui knowledge I have to include details on how to get seriously rich! We were taught to think big and to rid our brains of small mindedness and achievements. I can't wait for class to resume tomorrow as we continue
to deepen our feng shui know-how. So, watch out for me getting seriously wealthy when I go home to apply what I learn this week :)

Added to the above are two coffee breaks per day with delicious food, being whisked away for cosy lunches and an invitation to dinner in such witty company and my one week break from minding my store becomes such a refreshing break! Man! This can become addictive! Not to mention an ever-expanding waistline!

Till we meet again! Buuurrrrp!

No comments: